Skip to main content

Black Forrest Cake

One of my favorite cakes is the Black Forrest Cake. So decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I did'nt get fresh whipped cream, so had to use simple fresh cream which wasn't sweet. So this was the flaw of this cake. But once I get hold of the whipping cream (a rare product), I would definitely try it once more. So, watch out for a better picture of the cake.



Black Forrest Cake

Ingredients:
Maida - 225 gms
Sweetened condensed milk - 400 gms
Cocoa powder - 2-3 tbsps
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - 1 tsp
Butter - 125 gms
Aerated cola drink - 200 ml
Salt - a pinch
Dairy milk chocolate - 125 gms
Fresh whipped cream - 250 gms
Cherries - 10

Method:
  • Melt the butter in a thick bottom pan on a very low flame. Remove and cool.
  • Add condensed milk to it and mix well.
  • Sift maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, cooking soda and salt together. Make sure there are no lumps.
  • Grease a baking tray with butter and dust it with maida and keep aside.
  • Take a pan with little butter and put the maida mixture and the condensed milk mixture into it.
  • Add aerated cola and mix well.
  • Pour the batter into the greased tray and bake for 30-40 mins in an oven and for 20 mins in a microwave oven.
  • When done, let it cool on a wire rack. Slit it horizontally into two.
  • Whip the cream till light and fluffy.
  • Apply the whipped cream on the two layers of the cake and decorate with cherries.
  • Top the cake with whipped cream and cherries.
  • Grate dairy milk chocolate bar and sprinkle over the cake.
  • Serve it chilled.


The recipe source of this cake is unknown. However, I found a somewhat similar recipe in Divya's Blog- Easycooking. So have a look.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

Carrot Cake

Hi folks....Long time!! Blogging has taken a setback for the past few months due to various reasons.... Though I have been baking, nothing remarkable enough to post on the blog, it was either a repeated bake or a new one but of course, the flopped versions!! But, then on Valentine's Day, I managed to bake a Carrot Cake. This cake has been on my to-do list for quite sometime. You could frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting, but I preferred mine to be plain.... Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Baking by Parragon Books Eggs - 2 Brown sugar - 3/4 cup Unsalted butter - 1 cup Grated carrots - 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour - 2 cups Baking soda - 1 tsp Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp Ground cardamom - 1 tsp Nutmeg, grated - 1 tsp Almonds, roughly chopped - 1 cup Method: In a bowl, beat the eggs until well combined and add the sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the grated carrots, sift in the flour, baking soda and the spices. Then add the chopped almonds. Mix eve...