Skip to main content

Marble Cake

Marble cake brings many nostalgic memories of my childhood. The "Best Bakers" a bakery in Kottayam bakes one of the best marble cakes. Did you know that marble cake tastes more delicious when dipped in coffee!!! I am not kidding, just try it out.



So, I baked a marble cake for the Easter. Every time I bake a cake, something or the other goes wrong. Nevertheless to say, the same happened when preparing the marble cake. Everything was fine till the last mixing part,where you need to create the marble effect. When mixing, you need to do it slowly. I was a bit fast and overdid the mixing. Luckily it didn't turn out to be a chocolate cake.


Marble Cake
Recipe Source: Divya's Easycooking

Ingredients:
Butter - 2/3 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Maida - 1 1/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Curds - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Method:
  • Mix butter and sugar well until they are fluffy.
  • Add eggs one by one and mix well.
  • Mix vanilla essence and curds to this mixture.
  • Sift together maida, baking powder and baking soda.
  • Add the flour mix, 1 tbsp at a time to the wet ingredients and mix well till you get a smooth batter.
  • Now divide the batter into two equal portions and blend cocoa powder into one. Pour alternate spoonfuls of batter into a greased cake tin.
  • Slowly run a knife or fork through the tin to create the marble effect.
  • Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake for 35-40 mins or till a knife inserted comes out clean.
  • If using a microwave oven, then microwave the same at 80% power for 8-10 mins.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

Carrot Cake

Hi folks....Long time!! Blogging has taken a setback for the past few months due to various reasons.... Though I have been baking, nothing remarkable enough to post on the blog, it was either a repeated bake or a new one but of course, the flopped versions!! But, then on Valentine's Day, I managed to bake a Carrot Cake. This cake has been on my to-do list for quite sometime. You could frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting, but I preferred mine to be plain.... Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Baking by Parragon Books Eggs - 2 Brown sugar - 3/4 cup Unsalted butter - 1 cup Grated carrots - 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour - 2 cups Baking soda - 1 tsp Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp Ground cardamom - 1 tsp Nutmeg, grated - 1 tsp Almonds, roughly chopped - 1 cup Method: In a bowl, beat the eggs until well combined and add the sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the grated carrots, sift in the flour, baking soda and the spices. Then add the chopped almonds. Mix eve...