Skip to main content

Biscuit Pudding

I never knew you could make pudding out of biscuits, until I came across the recipe for a biscuit pudding on Divya's Easycooking blog.....*smiles*. The pudding was so easy to make and it was quite tasty too. I would tag this pudding as a 'kid-friendly recipe', because the kids would love it.


You would find most of the recipes I had tried out is from Divya's Easycooking blog. Thats because as her blog title suggests, her recipes are easy to follow and require less effort!! *smiles*




Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Divya's EasyCooking

Marie biscuits - 1 packet
Milk - 1 packet (500ml)
Sugar - 5 tbsps
Cornflour - 3 tbsps
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsps
Coffee decotion* - 4-5 tbsps diluted with 2-3 tbsps of water
Nuts - to garnish (I used cashewnuts, almond and pista)




Method:
  • Dip the marie biscuits in the coffee decotion (both sides) and layer them in a serving bowl.
  • In a pan, boil milk and add sugar.
  • In a bowl, mix cocoa powder and cornflour. Make a paste using very little milk, taking care not to form any lumps.
  • When the milk boils, add the cocoa - cornflour paste and mix well. It will thicken immediately, so keep stirring.
  • Remove from the flame when it thickens, but still of pouring consistency (similar to custard).
  • While still hot, pour it over the biscuits and cover the biscuits completely with the sauce.
  • Garnish with nuts of your choice (this is optional too).
  • Refrigerate for 4-5hrs and serve chilled.
* You could use instant coffee powder too. Mix 1-2 tsps of instant coffee powder with 3-4 tbsps of warm water.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....