Skip to main content

Vanilla & Chocolate Cake


Its been quite some days since I have posted something. Last few weekends were hectic - with kids falling sick, a marriage function in Trichur and so on....But in between I did few bakings, which were not worthy to post *winks*....
Today, I decided to bake a marble cake (to improve the previous one)....It started off quite well but towards the end something went wrong somewhere and I had a feeling that the cake would turn out to be another chocolate cake!!!!So decided to be a bit creative and the result of my creativity is what you see in the pictures *LOL!!*...*winks*


This cake is a failed version of my marble cake. So, the ingredients and the method I followed to make this Vanilla & Chocolate Cake is that of the marble cake, which is from Ria's blog.

Ingredients:
Recipe Adapted from: Ria's Collection

Maida/All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
Butter - 2/3 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Hot water - just enough to make the cocoa paste
Almonds crushed - to decorate



Method:
  • Dilute cocoa powder in the hot water and make a lump free paste. Keep aside to cool.
  • Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add the other ingredients together and beat well. Divide it into two equal parts. In one, add the cocoa mixture.
  • Take a baking tin which is greased. Pour the vanilla mixture first and sprinkle few crushed almonds on the top. Next pour the cocoa mixture and sprinkle some crushed almonds.
  • Preheat the oven for 5 mins. Bake it at 180 C for 20 mins or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
Note: In a microwave oven, bake the cake at 600W for 10 mins.







 

Comments

  1. Oh gosh!! That sure looks super yumm… Wow!! Thanks for linking in to Colours Dekor..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you.....

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....