Skip to main content

Coffee Liqueur Muffins


It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea.......


Ingredients:
Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books

Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp
Boiling water - 2 tbsp
Plain flour - 280 gm
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Pinch of salt
Light brown sugar - 115 gm
Eggs - 2
Milk - 100ml
Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled
Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp
Oil or melted butter, for greasing


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case.
  • Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.
  • Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar.
  • Lightly beat the eggs in another bowl. Beat in the milk, butter, dissolved coffee and liqueur. 
  • Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until  just combined; do not over-mix.
  • Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin paper cases. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to touch.
  • Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Then serve warm or leave to cool on a wire rack.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....