Skip to main content

Mango Loaf Cake

Last weekend I stocked up some extra mangoes to try out some bookmarked recipes with them.....The first was this Mango Loaf Cake, which I found on Divya's blog.....And speaking about her blog, I like it for its simplicity...Also, she's got a pictorial representation of each steps too!, which I haven't seen in any other blog....I have tried out many of her recipes like the Biscuit Pudding, Black Forrest Cake, Coffee cake with Coffee Buttercream Icing, Butter cake with Chocolate Icing, and the Marble Cake....and planning to bake her Whole Wheat Garlic Pull-apart rolls pretty soon!!


Below are the ingredients I used to baked this cake...

Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Easycooking

All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Eggs - 2
Sugar - 1 cup
Fresh Mangoes chopped - 1/2 cup
Yogurt -  1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup


Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180 C for 15 mins and butter a loaf pan.
  • Melt the butter and keep aside.
  • Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
  • Blend together the mango cubes and the yogurt to a smooth paste.
  • Whisk the eggs, sugar, yogurt-mango puree and vanilla essence together until well blended.
  • Add the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. 
  • Finally, pour the cooled butter and gently fold it into the batter.
  • Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 50-55minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
  • Cool in the pan for 5 mins, unmold and cool to room temperature.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....