Skip to main content

Happy Parent's Day

Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
for all lovely Parents!!



This post is dedicated to all the Parents in the world (including myself)....Well, I never baked this cupcake for Parent's day...In fact, I never knew it is Parent's Day today, I came to know about it through FB and so thought of dedicating my cupcakes to this particular Day.....


I don't know how many of you have read my profile in "About"...There I said baking is therapeutic for me and it was true in this case!!When I baked this cupcake yesterday, I was stressed out with severe headache....But once done, I was completely relaxed....


Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Baking...made simple by Parragon Books

Butter - 4 tbsp, softened
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Peanut butter - 1/3 cup
Eggs - 2
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/3 cup

Frosting
Cream cheese - 1 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp, softened
Confectioner's sugar - 2 cups


Method:
  • Put the muffin paper cases in the muffin pan.
  • Put the butter, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed. 
  • Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Then add the vanilla essence.
  • Sift in the flour and baking powder and then using a metal spoon, fold them into the mixture, alternating with the milk. 
  • Spoon the batter into the paper cases. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven, 180 C, for 25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
  • To make the frosting, put the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk, beat together until smooth. Sift the confectioner's sugar into the mixture, then beat together until well mixed.
  • When the cupcakes are cold, spread the frosting on top of each cupcakes, swirling it with a round-bladed knife. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Notes:
  • I used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. However, the frosting is completely optional. 
  • Use crunchy peanut butter for more flavor.


 

Linking to:






Comments

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you.....

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

Carrot Cake

Hi folks....Long time!! Blogging has taken a setback for the past few months due to various reasons.... Though I have been baking, nothing remarkable enough to post on the blog, it was either a repeated bake or a new one but of course, the flopped versions!! But, then on Valentine's Day, I managed to bake a Carrot Cake. This cake has been on my to-do list for quite sometime. You could frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting, but I preferred mine to be plain.... Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Baking by Parragon Books Eggs - 2 Brown sugar - 3/4 cup Unsalted butter - 1 cup Grated carrots - 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour - 2 cups Baking soda - 1 tsp Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp Ground cardamom - 1 tsp Nutmeg, grated - 1 tsp Almonds, roughly chopped - 1 cup Method: In a bowl, beat the eggs until well combined and add the sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the grated carrots, sift in the flour, baking soda and the spices. Then add the chopped almonds. Mix eve...