Skip to main content

Katharine Hepburn Brownies


Finally.....after a month, I'm back into my baking mode....*smiles*.....These holidays can do magic to your life---they can refreshen us and they can make us lethargic too!!Well, for me it was the last one....continuous holidays (first was my son's term break and then came the Dussera and Pooja hols) made me lazzzier.....Come next week and it's time for Diwali holidays...oh oh oh.....and a month later it's Christmas hols.....
 
Well...I don't blame the holidays for my laziness...there are other reasons too that made me stay away from baking and the most important was the frequent power failure....We had to face 8-10hrs of power-cut in the last month....Not that the situaton has changed, but it has improved...thanks to the Rain Gods.....
 
Now, once in baking mode, I decided to bake a brownie.....This time I didn't have to search for recipes, since I had this in my mind.....


Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Baking-From My Home to Yours
 
All-purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Ground cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 100gms
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Instant coffee powder - 2 tsps
Eggs, at room temp - 2
Castor sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Walnuts, chopped - 1/2 cup
Chocolate, chopped - 115 gms

 
 Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 325 F/160 C.
  • Butter a square baking pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper. Butter the paper and dust it with flour.
  • Sieve the flour, cinnamon and salt together and keep aside.
  • Put the butter in a saucepan and place it over low heat.
  • When the butter starts to melt, sift the cocoa over it and add the instant coffee powder.
  • Continue to cook, stirring, until the butter is melted and the coffee and cocoa are blended well.
  • Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Transfer the contents to a large bowl.
  • Using a whisk or rubber spatula, beat the eggs into the bowl one at a time.
  • Stir in the sugar and vanilla, followed by the dry ingredients, nuts and chopped chocolate. {Don't beat the batter too vigorously as it would add air to the batter.}
  • Scrape the batter into the baking pan.
  • Bake for 30-45mins. Once done, the brownie will be gooey but the top will have a dry papery crust.
  • Let the brownies cool for at least 30 mins.
  • Turn the brownies onto a rack and peel away the paper. Cool completely before cutting the brownie.

 

 

 


Linking to:

 

Comments

  1. they look so moist and delicious but why are they called katherine hepburn brownies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you.....

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....