Skip to main content

It's X'mas again......


It's X'mas time again....and I love it......The tree was up in the first week of Dec itself since my kids were toooo excited to decorate it......The crib and the stars are yet to be done and hopefully it would be done before we leave for our holidays on Friday......
 
This year is special when it comes to baking----baked four plum cakes to gift my family members (I had plans of baking more but the erratic power shutdown in my area spoiled everything, so in the end had to be satisfied with four)........We even have homemade grape wines this time (all the credit for that goes to JJ).....but no plans of gifting those.....*winks*.....(the recipe and snaps of the homemade wine would be up after I come back from my holidays)......
 
 
Those are the 4 cakes, specially wrapped and waiting for Santa to collect and deliver to my loved ones back at home.......*smiles*........The detailed photos of the cake would be uploaded later...Until then
 
 
 
&
 
 
Here are the pictures of the cake.....
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

This Oven Cold Cream Cheese Pound Cake was  Bake Along #11 . And this had a speciality too!! You needn't preheat your oven like you do when baking normally. Just cream and mix the ingredients and pop it into your oven....simple!  A pound cake is a type of cake traditionally baked with a pound of four main ingredients: flour, butter, eggs and sugar. You could add different flavours or dried fruits for a variation. In this pound cake, I added cream cheese too and guess what I got-- an utterly delicious and yummy yummy cake!! Ingredients: Cake flour- 115 gms Butter - 115 gms, softened Cream Cheese - 115 gms, softened Eggs- 3 Baking powder - 3/4 tsp Salt - 1/2 tsp Sugar - 1 cup Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Method: NO PREHEATING the oven!!  Butter and flour a loaf pan and line the bottom with butter paper. Place softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat using an electric beater until soft and ...

Pansache Dhonas/ Jackfruit Cake

It's the season of jackfruit and you get to see lots of them in Kerala now. Last week, when I went home for a day, I brought back some jackfruits as my son loves them...... After everybody had their share, I had little left in the fridge and so decided to bake this Goan cake - Pansache Dhonas, which I had penned down from Raksha's Kitchen some months back. I would say this cake is definitely a healthy one as it uses no maida, sugar or butter.... The cake tasted quite different from the normal ones and it was indeed yummy! Ingredients: Recipe Source: Raksha's Kitchen Jackfruit pulp - 2 cups Grated coconut - 1 cup Salt - 1/2 tsp Rava - 1 cup Jaggery - 1 cup Cardamom powder - 2 tsps Cashewnuts, chopped - 10 Almonds, chopped - 5-10 Raisins - 10 Method: Roast rava till it is light brown or till the aroma wafts into the air. Keep aside. Let it cool for at least 20 mins. Remove the jackfruit seeds and put them into a mixer ...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...