Skip to main content

Badam Halwa

Hope everybody had a colourful and sweetilicous Diwali (I know it's too late for this question).... Anyways this year for Diwali I made Badam Halwa with almonds I got last year for Diwali. Simple recipe and easy to make...the whole process takes just an hour or so.....


Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Jeyashri's Kitchen

Badam/Almonds - 1/2 cup, heaped
Sugar - 1/2 cup, heaped
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Yellow food colour - a pinch
Cardamom powder - a pinch


Method:
  • Soak almonds in hot water for an hour.
  • Take out the skin and grind it into a smooth paste by adding milk to this.
  • In a heavy bottomed non-stick vessel add the sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Boil till the sugar dissolves and when it is completely dissolved lower the flame and add the ground almond paste.
  • Mix this without any lumps. Add the food colour and cardamom powder.
  • Stir continuously and slowly add ghee to this. Adding the right amount of ghee will give a nice texture to the halwa. So add as per the quantity mentioned.
  • When white colour bubbles appear on the sides of the pan switch off the flame and transfer to a greased plate or bowl.
  • The entire process will take 3-4 mins. Keep the flame on medium low.
  • Once it cools down it will be thickened. So wait for a while to get the perfect texture.
  • You store this in fridge for 4-5 days. Just warm up in the microwave oven before eating to get the perfect taste of the badam halwa.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

The 'Marble Cake' Revisited....

Remember my marble cake which I had baked looong back and which had almost turned into a chocolate cake, except for a few patches of white batter here and there.....I decided to re-try it once again on my mom's b'day which was on July 2.... Luckily, this time I managed to create a marble effect on my cake.... But, the chocolate was still dominant!!! I think I need to reduce the amount of cocoa powder used in the recipe (from 4 tbsps to 2)..... Wanna bite??? Happy Birthday Mummy So, this was my gift for my mommy on her b'day...I know she wouldn't like it...u know why???coz....coz....coz...she simply hates marble cake...hehheeehhhheee....