Skip to main content

Chocolate Ice Cream


Before I leave for my holidays, here is another ice cream recipe to cherish during the summers!!



Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Edible Garden

Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Firmly packed brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Full cream milk - 3/4 cup
Full cream - 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch


Method:
  • Whisk together cocoa and both sugars until they are thoroughly combined.
  • Add milk to this and gently whisk by hand. Then continue whisking manual for 2-3 mins or with an electric beater for 30 secs.
  • Add cream, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
  • Mix again until fully combined.
  • Pour the mixture to a blender and blend on high speed for 2 mins.
  • Transfer to a plastic or glass container and keep in the freezer.
  • After an hour, blend it again in a blender. Repeat this for 2-3 times to remove the water crystals.
  • Then freeze for at least 8 hours.


Enjoy and Happy Summer Holidays......





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

Shahi Zafarani Sharbat

These days the climate has changed and its getting more cooler with occassional rains. Though we were not directly affected by "Nilam", its effect was felt in our place too. It was quite windy and pouring yesterday.... Now, who can say no to a warm drink with some hot snacks on such days??Well, not me anyways!! I was going through last month’s Good Food India magazine, when I came across this warm sharbat by Shayma Saadat. The moment I read about it, I knew this would be the perfect drink for the day…..By the way, Shayma Saadat is from Pakistan and she is the author of the award-winning heritage food blog- The Spice Spoon ….Hop on her blog to find out more Pakistani recipes...     Ingredients: Recipe Source: Good Food India, October 2012 Saffron strands - 1/2 tsp, crushed in a pestle and mortar Whole milk - 1 ltr + 3 tbsp Heavy whipping cream - 300 ml Cardamom - 6 pods, deseeded Sugar/Honey - 2-3tbsp Cardamom powder - 1 tsp Pistachios, unsalted...