Skip to main content

Black Tea Cake

I have baked cakes of different flavors; coffee, chocolate, strawberry, banana, mango, red wine and so on.....The other day I was thinking about a tea cake; I mean a real "tea" cake baked from tea leaves......I searched on the www and found out this recipe from Pastry Affair.


I wanted a simple tea cake along with our evening tea, so I left out the buttercream icing mentioned in the original recipe.


Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Pastry Affair

Milk - 235ml
Black tea - 3 tbsp
Butter - 55 gm, room temp
Granulated sugar - 225 gm
Eggs - 2, large
Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Cake flour - 175 gm
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a bundt cake pan or a 9 inch round cake pan.
  • Warm the milk until near boiling on the stove. Add tea directly into the milk. Allow to cool.
  • In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Beat in the vegetable oil and vanilla essence. Gradually add in the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the tea brewed milk, mixing until batter is uniform and smooth.
  • Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  • Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting or serving.




 

Comments

  1. Wow.. this is the first time that I have heard of Tea Cake :) I am not a tea-lover but I am sure my husband would love to have a piece of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.. that sure looks yumm.. and would be lovely with some tea :) ... even with ice cream on it.. huuummm... I want one now.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you.....

Popular posts from this blog

Mochaccino Brownies

I love anything that has coffee. Be it cakes, brownies, desserts anything under the sun that has coffee, I simply devour it! And, it's been quite some time since I've made anything with coffee... Found this brownie recipe in one of the books I have and sounded quite interesting!!!  A Mochaccino Brownie, heard about it?? Me, no way!!Haven't come across any mochaccino brownies in my place!! A mochaccino is simply a cappuccino added with chocolate syrup... And the mochaccino brownies are rich, dense and moist chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso coffee flavour. Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Coffee by Parragon Books Unsalted butter- 115g Plain chocolate - 115g Espresso strong black coffee - 2 tbsp Caster sugar - 250g Cinnamon, ground - 1/4 tsp Plain flour - 85g Method: Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a square baking pan. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and sti...

Coffee Liqueur Muffins

It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea....... Ingredients: Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp Boiling water - 2 tbsp Plain flour - 280 gm Baking powder - 1 tbsp Pinch of salt Light brown sugar - 115 gm Eggs - 2 Milk - 100ml Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp Oil or melted butter, for greasing Method: Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case. Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in anoth...

Carrot Cake

Hi folks....Long time!! Blogging has taken a setback for the past few months due to various reasons.... Though I have been baking, nothing remarkable enough to post on the blog, it was either a repeated bake or a new one but of course, the flopped versions!! But, then on Valentine's Day, I managed to bake a Carrot Cake. This cake has been on my to-do list for quite sometime. You could frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting, but I preferred mine to be plain.... Ingredients: Recipe Adapted from: Baking by Parragon Books Eggs - 2 Brown sugar - 3/4 cup Unsalted butter - 1 cup Grated carrots - 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour - 2 cups Baking soda - 1 tsp Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp Ground cardamom - 1 tsp Nutmeg, grated - 1 tsp Almonds, roughly chopped - 1 cup Method: In a bowl, beat the eggs until well combined and add the sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the grated carrots, sift in the flour, baking soda and the spices. Then add the chopped almonds. Mix eve...